In this episode you will learn about my first PhD trial where we establish physical fitness traits and document competition and training practices in Event riders.
If you are interested in the full data sets please check out the thesis at the link below.
Take home messages:
- A strength training programme can make you more robust and injury free as well as improve your general athleticism and riding performance.
- Isometric strength in the core and thigh are performance factors in event riders.
- Riders have strength asymmetry in their lower body which can increase prevalence of injuries
- Rides have below average lower back and hamstring flexibility and compromised ankle stability.
- In short, strength training is very beneficial for you and if your not sure what to do, make sure to send me a message or join the Ride Strong Academy!